This beans 'n wieners chili is a great family and crowd pleaser, and a super quick & simple one-pot meal that's ready in 30 minutes, start to finish! Perfect for busy week nights, potlucks, or sporting events. Serve this chili piping hot with your favorite assorted toppings such as grated cheese, chopped onion, sour cream and pickle relish; just add a tossed green salad and biscuits or cornbread to round out the meal. Enjoy! Note: Recipe is easily doubled or tripled to feed a crowd, can be made in a big pot on the stove top or in the slow cooker/crock-pot, and freezes and reheats beautifully.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced (2 stalks)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 -6 beef hot dogs, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans (hot or mild, such as Hormel)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin powder, scant
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- chopped onion
- sweet pickle relish
- In medium or large pot (depending on amount you are making), saute first three ingredients in butter or oil over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Add sliced hot dogs and cook until hot dogs are lightly browned, about five minutes.
- At this point, transfer over to crock pot if using.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir well.
- Heat through until hot and bubbly.
- Ladle into bowls and top with grated cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, and pickle relish.
- Good with biscuits or cornbread. ENJOY!
- Note: Recipe is easily doubled or tripled etc. to feed a crowd, can be made in a big pot on the stove top or in the slow cooker/crock-pot, and freezes and reheats beautifully.