Recipe by cannedfood
For dessert, snacks or even breakfast...these pumpkin cookies offer a delicious way to sneak in veggies. Made with canned pumpkin, a single cookie is an excellent source of vitamin A. As a snack, spoon frozen yogurt between two softies for a delicious frozen desert "sandwich”!
- 354.88 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 425.24 g can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 591.47 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- nonstick cooking spray
- raisins, dried cranberries, sliced or slivered almonds, peanuts, chopped dried plums or apricot
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F In a large mixing bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; stir into pumpkin mixture, mixing until dry ingredients are moistened. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Drop dough onto prepared pans by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls. If desired, smooth tops of the dough with the back of a spoon and decorate with dried fruits or nuts. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.