Recipe by Barb G.
Made these for dessert for Halloween party. It was a big hit with everyone. Got the recipe off of channel 3 courtesy of Barbara Mikacich from Andiamo Restaurant in Sacramento, CA.
Top Review by Sharlene~W
Made these for a dessert tray and it made approx. 70 1" cubes. I thought it needed to be just a bit sweeter--I would add 1/2 cup brown sugar to filling mixture next time--if serving with sweetened whipped cream it might be perfect as is. It makes a beautiful 3-layer bar.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄4 cups pecans
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter (mix until crumbly)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 cups sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Then add butter and mix until crumbly (using pastry blender).
- Reserve 1-1/4 cups of this mixture for Topping.
- To the remainder, add the 2 eggs and mix until dough forms.
- Spread dough into the bottom of 9x13-inch ungreased pan.
- Filling: Mix well, pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- Pour over unbaked crust.
- Top with the 1-1/4 cups reserved DRY topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool and serve plain or top with whipped cream.