Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this one from BHG.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Zwieback Toast Crumbs (about 17 crackers) or 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (no substitutes)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- For crust, combine zwieback crumbs, the 1/3 cup sugar, and melted butter.
- Press onto bottom and about 2 inches up sides of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes; set aside.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, half-and-half or light cream, pumpkin, the 3/4 cup sugar, flour, the 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Spoon filling into crust-lined pan.
- Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Combine sour cream, the 2 tablespoons sugar, and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; spread over cheesecake.
- Bake 5 minutes more.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Loosen crust from sides of pan with a thin-bladed knife or narrow spatula and cool 30 minutes more.
- Remove sides of pan; cool 1 hour.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.