Recipe by Momma Zakaria
This is a dish I made up that turned out very nicely. It has a great mixture of flavor, and is a great side dish or main course!
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 3 -4 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the potatoes thin. Then boil them for 20 minutes. Drain the water and place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash the potatoes. Add the chopped onion,garlic powder, and seasoned salt; mix well. Melt, the butter while mixing in the egg,and then mix in the melted butter.
- Place mixture into a casserole dish. Make the cheese into strips and place on top, not touching.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is stiff where the cheese strips aren't touching.