Recipe by cajunhippiegirl
Potatoes, cauliflower, yummy cheese sauce, ham--can it get any better than this? I submit that it cannot.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 large russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb diced cooked ham
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 for glass), spray casserole dish with Pam.
- To prepare the cheese sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix in milk and stir constantly until thickened.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese and continue to stir until smooth. Reduce heat to low.
- Layer potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish, Layer onion and ham over potatoes. Top with cauliflower. Cover with the cheese sauce.
- Bake covered 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove cover, sprinkle with crushed cornflakes, and continue baking 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and surface is bubbly and lightly browned. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.