Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delicious recipe for Pot Roast. Can't remember where I found it but it is sure to please.
- 1814.36 g chuck roast
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 473.18 ml water
- 3 bay leaves
- 19.71 ml catsup
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.16 ml brown sugar
- 1 medium onions or 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 potatoes, quartered
- 226.79 g bagraw baby carrots
- 9.85 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Pierce roast heavily on both sides with fork and sprinkle lightly with meat tenderizer.
- Allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Place roast in a metal roasting pan that has a cover (roast can also be covered and sealed with heavy aluminum foil).
- Mix water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, and catsup in bowl then pour over roast.
- Circle roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, bay leaves, and bouillon cubes.
- Sprinkle all with pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover tightly and cook approximately 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- Note: One reviewer noted that her roast was almost overdone. I contend that all ovens are different and the safest way to cook any meat is using a meat thermometer. If you cook the roast to an internal temperature of 165 deg. F. and let it rest for about 5 minutes, it will be done perfectly and still plenty juicy. Thanks to the reviewer that pointed that out. Dried out meat can ruin the rest of the meal.
Made this tonight, added some mushrooms to the recipe. Turned out great! Thanks for the recipe.
This sure was a Yummy Pot Roast! I prepared it yesterday with no changes and it was a hit with the whole family. I will say that I got a 4.5lb roast and cooked it for 2 hours 50min. and it was almost over done. I will be sure and check the internal temp at the 2hour mark next time. Oh, and the veggies came out perfectly done! Thank you for posting the recipe mewmew!