1/2 Photos of Yummy Pot Roast
3 hrs 30 mins
Delicious recipe for Pot Roast. Can't remember where I found it but it is sure to please.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Pierce roast heavily on both sides with fork and sprinkle lightly with meat tenderizer.
- 2Allow to sit 5 minutes.
- 3Place roast in a metal roasting pan that has a cover (roast can also be covered and sealed with heavy aluminum foil).
- 4Mix water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, and catsup in bowl then pour over roast.
- 5Circle roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, bay leaves, and bouillon cubes.
- 6Sprinkle all with pepper and garlic powder.
- 7Cover tightly and cook approximately 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- 8Note: One reviewer noted that her roast was almost overdone. I contend that all ovens are different and the safest way to cook any meat is using a meat thermometer. If you cook the roast to an internal temperature of 165 deg. F. and let it rest for about 5 minutes, it will be done perfectly and still plenty juicy. Thanks to the reviewer that pointed that out. Dried out meat can ruin the rest of the meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 941.9
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 299.6 mg
- Sodium 1015.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 102.7 g