This recipe has been in my family for many years. Out of myself, brothers and sisters on down to nieces and nephews, someone's always making it! I hope you will enjoy it as well.
- 1 lb lean pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, of your choice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- green onion top, for garnish
- shredded lettuce (to garnish)
- salsa (to garnish)
- shredded cheese (to garnish)
- Slice pork into thin strips.
- Marinate strips in garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, orange juice, vinegar and hot sauce for 30 minutes.
- Heat heavy skillet or griddle until hot. Add the oil, and when it is hot, and pork strips. Stir-fry until pork is no longer pink.
- Add bell pepper and onion and cook until vegetables are limp.
- Serve on flour tortillas.
- Garnish with green onions, salsa, cheese and lettuce.
- Note: prep time includes marinade time.