Recipe by Denise in NH
Fork tender and the sauce is delicious served over mashed potatoes, rice or buttered noodles.
Top Review by Texas Tornado
These WERE yummy! I forgot to add the sour cream and the sauce was still great-we just spooned it over some mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting, I will be making this dish again.
- 6 -8 bone in center-cut pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the pre-minced in jar)
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is ok)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the pork chops in butter until lightly browned; season with spices; remove pork chops from skillet and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and saute till mushrooms are limp; stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream; stir till well blended.
- return pork chops to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for one hour; add sour cream and heat making sure mixture doesn't boil.
- Serve with mashed potatatoes, rice or buttered noodles.