Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fork tender and the sauce is delicious served over mashed potatoes, rice or buttered noodles.
- 6 -8 bone in center-cut pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the pre-minced in jar)
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is ok)
- Brown the pork chops in butter until lightly browned; season with spices; remove pork chops from skillet and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and saute till mushrooms are limp; stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream; stir till well blended.
- return pork chops to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for one hour; add sour cream and heat making sure mixture doesn't boil.
- Serve with mashed potatatoes, rice or buttered noodles.
These WERE yummy! I forgot to add the sour cream and the sauce was still great-we just spooned it over some mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting, I will be making this dish again.
OMG This is an incredible recipe. The sauce is to die for. I've been making recipes from RecipeZaar for years. I have found many that I love and make them over and over again BUT I've never taken the time to write a review. This recipe is soooo awesome that I had to take the time to let everyone in the community know about it. The only change I made was to cut the simmer time down. We don't like our pork well done - we prefer it medium. I browned the boneless chops on med-high, turned the heat to medium to make the sauce, put the chops back in the skillet, brought everything to a simmer, turned the heat down just a little, covered the pan and simmered for about 15 minutes.
Yummy is an accurate description for these pork chops. DH cooked this and followed the recipe to the letter. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't be afraid to serve this to company - it makes a fabulous dinner with very little effort.