Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
the best stuffed pizza pie ever. Contains spinach. but it can be taken out.
Make and share this Yummy Pizza Torta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 envelope yeast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese (or cottage)
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- preheat oven 400 crust: Stir in water and yeast mix in oil, sugar, salt, mix well add 2 C flour beat until smooth add remaining flour until forms a ball.
- Knead 10 times, divide into 3rds let set aside 15 mins.
- combine: ricotta, egg, oregano, pepper.
- set aside.
- in skillet steam spinach until wilted 3 min.
- Add nutmeg and salt.
- spray 10 inch deep dish pie plate.
- roll out first ball leave 1 inch hanging.
- spread spinach with ricotta, layer mushrooms, mozzerella, pepperoni, and sauce.
- top with crust.
- fold bottom crust over edges press to seal.
- cut vent holes in the top.
- roll excess dough make braid.