Recipe by Sallyanne
This is the most requested cake in our house. It is super easy and super delicious. I love to serve it to guests because I always get great reviews.
Top Review by cburke11616
This cake fits it's name perfectly....YUMMY! We can not stop eating it! I followed the directions exactly except the only margarine I had was Best Life Buttery Spread and it still turned out fabulous! Oh, and I didn't quite have the amount of brown sugar that it called for so I just used what I had. And I did not have any nuts so I left them out. When I made the topping, I wasn't sure how that would work out because it was thin but as soon as I poured it on the cake, it sorta thickened and then absorbed into the cake....the edges are the best part. I hope that is how it was supposed to turn out. The other reviewer HAD to have done something wrong because for me the timing was exact and I used all of the pineapple juice in the can. My cake was perfectly done and so DELISH! Thanks for a wonderful recipe, I will definitely make again and again!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking soda, eggs, and crushed pineapple.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and chopped nuts over cake batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Ten minutes before cake is done, start making the frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a medium size sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour frosting on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Serve cake cool or warm.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.