Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the most requested cake in our house. It is super easy and super delicious. I love to serve it to guests because I always get great reviews.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking soda, eggs, and crushed pineapple.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into an ungreased 9X13 pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and chopped nuts over cake batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Ten minutes before cake is done, start making the frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a medium size sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour frosting on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Serve cake cool or warm.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
This cake fits it's name perfectly....YUMMY! We can not stop eating it! I followed the directions exactly except the only margarine I had was Best Life Buttery Spread and it still turned out fabulous! Oh, and I didn't quite have the amount of brown sugar that it called for so I just used what I had. And I did not have any nuts so I left them out. When I made the topping, I wasn't sure how that would work out because it was thin but as soon as I poured it on the cake, it sorta thickened and then absorbed into the cake....the edges are the best part. I hope that is how it was supposed to turn out. The other reviewer HAD to have done something wrong because for me the timing was exact and I used all of the pineapple juice in the can. My cake was perfectly done and so DELISH! Thanks for a wonderful recipe, I will definitely make again and again!
This surely isn't cake It never got done no matter how long I baked it your recipe suggested too much pineapple and I should have drained some of the juice.