Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple and delicious! These bake up like cookie bars, not pecan pie. Recipe courtesy of diamond nuts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt butter (I toss it in a bowl and zap it in the microwave if I'm in a rush).
- Beat brown sugar and butter and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat into butter/sugar mixture, then stir in vanilla.
- Add flour mix to sugar mix, mix well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Spray/grease 9x13 pan and dump in the mix.
- Bake at 325 for 45-50 minute or until the edges pull away from the pan.
- If you like your bars chewy, remove them from the oven sooner.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, or cut up and eat as is.
- Note: Add some chocolate chips or any mix in of your choice for a little spin the recipe. ENJOY!