Recipe by Potatoes Browning
I like to try using different things in banana bread. When I ask my friends their favorite, this one is always mentioned.
Top Review by Candace Michelle 2
Made for my Dad%u2019s Christmas basket. The banana flavor was really strong, kind of over powered the peanut butter flavor. May add more peanut butter/reese%u2019s cups next time. I left the nuts out. There was a lot of batter. Enough for a loaf pan & 12 muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup bacon drippings
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter cup, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Set oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x5 loaf pan with a tiny portion of the drippings.
- 2. Combine all ingredients except peanut butter cups on a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Stir in chopped peanut butter cups.
- 4. Pour into loaf pan.
- 5. Once everything settles, sprinkle nuts and reserved tablespoon of sugar over the top. Press down slightly.
- 6. Bake in oven for 60-65 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 7. Let cool. Remove from pan.