1/2 Photos of Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies
Mommy Diva's Note:
Another favorite from Betty Crocker that I have made for at least 15-20 years now. ;) A great addition to any cookie tray or for a cookie exchange! Try the Hershey Kiss tip at the bottom too for a great crowd pleaser!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I usually use Skippy creamy, but chunky for a change is great)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup margarine (I use Imperial for baking usually) or 1/4 cup butter, softened (I use Imperial for baking usually)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for topping)
- 1Place 2 tablespoons sugar in a small dish and set aside.
- 2Combine sugars, peanut butter, shortening, margarine and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Stir remaining ingredients into mixture.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- 7Dip each ball in sugar on one side.
- 8Place approximately 2-3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet, sugar side up.
- 9Lightly press a dinner fork flat across each ball twice to make a criss cross pattern.
- 10Sprinkle flattened dough with light amount of sugar to "dust" the criss cross.
- 11Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until cookies are light brown.
- 12Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes before removing from tray.
- 13Enjoy! ;).
- 14TIP- another idea is to press a Hershey's kiss into the middle of each ball prior to baking instead of flattening it with a fork for a "Peanut Butter Kiss". ;) Kids love these!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (735 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 81.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g