Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Bread pudding is one of the easiest desserts to make. The addition of fragratn peaches makes this comfort food at its best...
- 1 baguette (about 1 lb.) or 1 crusty French bread (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups diced peaches, fresh or 2 cups canned peaches, drained or 2 cups frozen peaches, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. (you should have 10-12 cups); spread in baking dish. Add peaches and toss gently to combine. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour and cinnamon; whisk in milk and vanilla and pour over the bread and peaches. Press bread down gently with spatula to coat in liquid. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes ir until bread is soaked through.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve hot or warm.
- COOKING TIP: Day-old bread works well for this recipe but make sure the bread is not stale. If using canned peaches, drain them well and pat dry before measuring.
- FOR THE ADVENTUROUS: Add 1 cup chopped white chocolate or white baking chips with peaches. Serve topped with lemon-flavored whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or lemon yogurt.
Superb- did a couple personal tweaks (based on what was in the cupboard this day) - Splenda br. sugar stubstitute, butter rum flavoring for vanilla, and end of cantaloupe season so - combo of peaches/cantaloupe and a sprinkling of wheat germ on fruits/bread. Easy to sneak some wheat germ in on unsuspecting family in a dessert!