Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe was submitted by Abeer Saeed in Young Times for this week and won him the title of "Chef of the week". Using milk powder to make the patties dough is something very unique to me. If you do give this recipe a try, please let me know how it turns out.
For the dough
- 3 cups plain flour (maida)
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 medium potatoes, boiled,peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -5 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first four ingredients mentioned under"dough" nicely in a bowl.
- Add water, gradually, and continue to mix to make a soft dough.
- Keep it covered for an hour.
- In a pan, mix potatoes, chilli powder, salt, green chilli, corriander leaves and 2 tbsps oil.
- Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes till it has all combined (about 5 minutes).
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Flatten them and keep a little of the filling in the middle.
- Close in semi-circular fashion.
- Flatten the edges.
- When all the balls are done, fry them till golden brown on medium flame.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney or ketchup.
- You may also fill the dough with cheese cubes, if desired.