Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This bread is SO good - you will be asked for it again and again! It's easy too!
Make and share this Yummy Party Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and crosswise without cutting through the bottom crust.
- Insert Cheese between cuts.
- Combine butter, onions, garlic powder and poppy seeds; drizzle over the bread.
- Wrap in foil; place on a backing sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
How funny! I too had this recipe from a magazine and lost it and came looking for it!! I LOVE this bread! I have always made it exactly as written... using garlic powder... I had actually forgotten all about this until a friend asked me to make "that cheesy bread stuff" for a get together this weekend! Thanks so much for having it on here!
I did elect to use fresh garlic after reading the reviews. I also purchased a loaf of sour dough that contained poppy seeds (as well as sunflower seeds & oatmeal) so didn't add more. I didn't use a full pound of cheese. This was good & easy enough to make. Served with a pot of soup on a cold night it was definite comfort food. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Dec P-A-R-T-Y event.
Great bread...sinfully delicious, but ohhh so good..very easy to prepare especially with an electric knife so the bread stays nice and round! My guests enjoy it every time!