Recipe by KimmieOH
This bread is SO good - you will be asked for it again and again! It's easy too!
Top Review by Ultimate Food Junkie
How funny! I too had this recipe from a magazine and lost it and came looking for it!! I LOVE this bread! I have always made it exactly as written... using garlic powder... I had actually forgotten all about this until a friend asked me to make "that cheesy bread stuff" for a get together this weekend! Thanks so much for having it on here!
- 1 loaf unsliced round sourdough loaf
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 -3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bread lengthwise and crosswise without cutting through the bottom crust.
- Insert Cheese between cuts.
- Combine butter, onions, garlic powder and poppy seeds; drizzle over the bread.
- Wrap in foil; place on a backing sheet.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.