Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Top Review by mama smurf
What an easy and tasty dish. I made these as directed using fresh parmesan and serving with recipe#287929#287929 and recipe#309788#309788 and we had a delicious dinner that DH just yummmmd about. Thank you! Made for Let's PARTY 2011 tag game.
- 118.29 ml finely crushed soda cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml dried basil leaves
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a greased rack.
- In a food processor, combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, marjoram, paprika, optional salt, and pepper.
- Process to make fine crumbs.
- Place in a shallow bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts into four strips each.
- In a bowl, beat egg; add chicken strips.
- Using a fork, dip chicken strips in crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- At this point they can be frozen then continue on with the instructions when ready to bake.
- Arrange on greased rack set on a baking sheet.
- In small bowl, microwave butter and garlic at High for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Brush chicken strips with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center. (If frozen, bake for up to 25 minutes.).