Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed soda cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a greased rack.
- In a food processor, combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, marjoram, paprika, optional salt, and pepper.
- Process to make fine crumbs.
- Place in a shallow bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts into four strips each.
- In a bowl, beat egg; add chicken strips.
- Using a fork, dip chicken strips in crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- At this point they can be frozen then continue on with the instructions when ready to bake.
- Arrange on greased rack set on a baking sheet.
- In small bowl, microwave butter and garlic at High for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Brush chicken strips with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center. (If frozen, bake for up to 25 minutes.).
What an easy and tasty dish. I made these as directed using fresh parmesan and serving with Portabella Mushroom Fries#287929 and Roasted Zucchini, Mushrooms, and Onions#309788 and we had a delicious dinner that DH just yummmmd about. Thank you! Made for Let's PARTY 2011 tag game.
Deeelicious! We really enjoyed these. My little girl especially loved them. Thanks, Lorrie! Made for Holiday tag.
These were really delicious. They were so moist that we ended up using a fork and knife to eat them, so they would definitely be great with whole chicken pieces as well. They may have been moist because the pan was a little crowded too. I cooked these for about 25 minutes. I made exactly as stated, using fresh parmesan. Made for Everyday's a Holiday. Thanks! :)