- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk (or sub 3/4 c. fat-free plain yogurt plus 1/4 c. water)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- additional water, if necessary
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and oil.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine well.
- If batter is too thick, add additional water (maybe as much as 1/4 cup) till you reach the desired consistency.
- Cook pancakes as usual, on hot griddle until golden, turning once bubbles appear.