Recipe by Pandamommy
We really like this, I've been making it for years. Even our picky 5 year old likes this! The recipe may have come out of Sunset magazine. I'm posting it to get the calorie count.
Top Review by BluEyedCookette
Sounded so good I just HAD to try it and I am so glad I did. My family thought the chicken was Awesome! I let it set in the buttermilk for about 10 hours. Gave the chicken such great flavor! Spices are perfect in this one. I hope everyone tries it! Thanks!
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up. I also use boneless skinless chicken breasts with a shorter cook time
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in buttermilk.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in shallow dish.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk, roll it in dry mixture, and place it in baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees about 50 minutes or until done. I bake the boneless skinless breasts at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes.