Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had this at a potluck and spent the rest of the evening tracking down the recipe. It is Yummy and goes together quickly.
- 3 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant tapioca pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Whisk in gelatin and pudding mixes.
- Return to a boil, stirring constantly: boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Fold in oranges, pineapple and whipped topping.
- Spoon into a serving bowl.
- cover and chill at least 2 hours.
this was very good. I could not find the instant tapioca pudding mix so made tapioca pudding and used 2 cups and because of this I used only 1 1/2 cups water but then drained pineapple into that. I mixed in my pudding after step 4. It was yummy. Much better than some others I have had. & quite thick. I don't have much freezer space so used dream whip though I am sure the frozen whipped topping would have worked well when thawed.
Marcie -- I'm not going to select any stars because it wouldn't be fair to downgrade your recipe since I couldn't find all the called for ingredients. But this didn't work for me. I looked EVERYWHERE for the instant tapioca pudding mix. I even posted in our Cooking Q&A Forum. I know I went to at least 6 stores -- it just wasn't there. So what to do??? I ended up using two of the instant puddings -- but this turned out more like a "sauce". It was VERY, VERY soft. Did I do something else wrong -- I don't think so. The flavor was good -- but it was a little on the sweet side -- which I expected, but maybe not quite to the extreme it was. If you can find the tapioca, please let me know where you are finding it. I wanted to let you know that I did try your recipe and I'm sure, if all the proper ingredients were used, it would be terrific. Thank you for taking the time to share it with all of us.