Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend and they are the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I have ever had! The molasses is the key ingredient!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray cookie sheets with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix butter, sugar, and eggs together until well blended.
- Mix in flour.
- Mix in molasses, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla until well blended.
- Mix in chocolate chips and oatmeal until well blended.
- Drop cookies by the spoonful onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Take out of oven, let sit for a minute, then put on a cookie rack.