1/27 Photos of Yummy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
A friend brought these to a picnic. After one taste of the warm-from-the-oven cookie, I knew I had to have the recipe. These are now the most requested cookie by my family. The recipe makes a HUGE batch of big cookies, but they do freeze very well. The 5 dozen amount is a guess, I've never counted! We love these and hope you will too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Cream together, using a stand mixer: butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Blend well.
- 4Blend 2 1/2 cups of the oatmeal in a food processor or blender.
- 5In a separate large bowl, mix together: flour, all of the oatmeal (2 1/2 cups processed and 2 1/2 cups whole), salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- 6Add the dry mixture, on low - a bit at a time, to the wet ingredients and blend together until fully incorporated.
- 7Add the chocolate chips and blend in on low. (Add nuts here, too, if you want.).
- 8Scoop balls onto cookie sheets, spaced a few inches apart. I like to make them about 1 inch balls.
- 9Bake for about 10 minutes, depending on your oven.
- 10Get the gallon of milk ready!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.3
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 311.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g