Recipe by Hydra
Another variation on my Sour Cream Muffins! These muffins combine brown sugar and nuts for a fun comfort.. food combo. These are great with a little bit of glaze on the top and wonderful with coffee in the morning!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk, and
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking powder in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs then make a well in center of mixture.
- Beat egg in a small bowl; add brown sugar, sour cream, walnuts and milk.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans until cups are about 2/3 full. Or grease pans and the surface around the pan as well, filling cups all the way, this will produce muffins with larger tops, though less muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.