Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I know your wondering how something so plain as a waffle could have all of these great titles, right? It's all in the good-for-you ingredients that I adapted from the Low-Carb Gourmet recipe "Colin's Omega Waffles" (by Karen Barnaby). My recipe is pretty far from the original, but it is strongly based off of it.
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut (you may use sweet, but it isn't recommended)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey (omit if you use sweet coconut) or 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular (if your a low-carber)
- 2 bananas (any size, depends on how much you like banana)
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk (not 100% necessary, you may use normal)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a blender or food processor, combine the flaxseed meal, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon, and salt. Blend Until Pumpkin seeds are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bananas and 1/2 cup of the soy milk. Add the pumpkin seed mixture and combine well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When you are ready to make the waffles, stir in the baking powder and the remaining 1/2 cup soy milk; beat well.
- Set your waffle maker to high and, following the manufacturer's directions, cook the waffles until light brown.
- For the Vegan option omit the honey and use another sweetener.