Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
THIS NORWEGIAN WAFFLE RECIPE HAS BEEN THE FAVORITE OF ALL MY RECIPES. ENJOY! WE NEVER EAT THEM WITH SYRUP BUT WITH STRAWBERRY JAM AND MUNSTER CHEESE OR IF U CAN FIND - BROWN NORWEGIAN CHEESE. VANILLA SUGAR CAN BE BOUGHT HERE IN THE USA AT IKEA OR WHOLE FOODS - JUST LEAVE OUT IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY AFTER YOU TAKE THE WAFFLE OFF THE IRON PUT IT ON COOLING RACK. MY KIDS EAT THEM AS FAST AS I CAN MAKE THEM :) THEY ARE ALWAYS THE BEST - FRESH *great and easy recipe to make ahead of time. store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Waffle maker I use is the heart shaped one by villaware - u can buy it on amazon.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar (or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar (u can find at ikea or whole foods)
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 4 tablespoons wheat germ (can be added if u like)
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer, set aside. beat egg yolks and stir in the milk. beat in flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and sugar. add the melted butter.
- when all combined, fold in the beaten egg whites.
- serve with strawberry jam and sliced munster cheese or norwegian brown cheese.