Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These cookies are great for holidays and easy enough to fix just as a snack! I looked for this recipe online and couldn't find the exact one I remembered fixing. I called my grandma and this is the recipe she gave me.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal (old fashioned oats)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa in med sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 1 and 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, oats, vanilla and stir.
- Spoon onto wax paper.
- Let stand until cookies are cool and harden.
I made a half recipe and found this to be way too sweet. If I were to make it again, which seems unlikely, I would use almost all (if not actually all) the oatmeal with half the other ingrediants.
this used to be my childhood favorite receipe, i used to make it for every possible event. Unfortunatley i wasn't able to take my receipes with me when i moved out so i am so happy to see this on here these are great!!