Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I am craving comfort food this is usually what I turn too. My husband loves this recipe and the leftovers are great to take to work for lunch.
- 3 cups macaroni
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the box. When the macaroni is cooked to your taste drain and return to the warm pot.
- DO NOT RINSE THE PASTA!
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, drained mushroom pieces and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese. Mix together well.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until cheese is all brown and bubbly.
- Serve with a salad for a comfort food meal.
Picked this for one of the recipes for PAC Orphanage tag game and I am glad I did. We had company (kids) and this made a big hit. I did add some sauteed onion and garlic but otherwise followed the instructions. Thank you for posting.
Haven't made mac and cheese in years ... I found your recipe and tried it. My son and hubby loved it, they even had seconds. Only changes, I used mild cheddar, and added one sauteed onion. Very quick, easy and tasty. Thank you, will definitely try again.