Recipe by Christina's Kitchen :)
When I am craving comfort food this is usually what I turn too. My husband loves this recipe and the leftovers are great to take to work for lunch.
Top Review by mama smurf
Picked this for one of the recipes for PAC Orphanage tag game and I am glad I did. We had company (kids) and this made a big hit. I did add some sauteed onion and garlic but otherwise followed the instructions. Thank you for posting.
- 3 cups macaroni
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the box. When the macaroni is cooked to your taste drain and return to the warm pot.
- DO NOT RINSE THE PASTA!
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, drained mushroom pieces and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese. Mix together well.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until cheese is all brown and bubbly.
- Serve with a salad for a comfort food meal.