Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from Taste of Home by Revecca Eremich of Bremerton, OH. I added more milk than the original recipe. This is the cutest mummy on the Halloween buffet, and kids and adults will get a kick out of stabbing the cheese knife into the poor mummy.
- 2 (12 ounce) logs port wine cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 peppercorns
- 1 slice pimiento, strip
- Cut the cheese logs into pieces for the mummy's head (make it a square shape) arms (smaller and thinner) and legs (longer than the arms).
- Arrange on the platter.
- Beat cream cheese ( softened at room temperature) and milk until smooth.
- Use a pastry or plastic bag and cut a small slit for piping.
- use a basket weave tip #47 and pipe mixture over the entire mummy ( I use a cookie decorating tool. It works almost like a caulking gun. I squeeze the trigger and the mixture pipes out).
- Leave one or two longer like the mummy is coming undone.
- Add two whole peppercorns for the eyes.
- Add the pimento strip for the mouth.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers.