Cecily Parsley's Note:
From Taste of Home's Halloween Book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out each piece of dough into a rounded triangle shape, about 14-in. high x 11-in. wide at the base of the triangle. Place each on a parchment-lined baking sheet with the tip of the triangle toward you. Lightly score 4-in.-wide rectangle in the center of the triangle 2 inches from the top and bottom.
- 2On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips at an angle up to the score line, leaving a triangle in the top center of the wide end for the head.
- 3Inside the scored rectangle in the center, layer the cheese, pizza sauce, pepperoni and green pepper. Shape the top center triangle into a head. Starting at the head, fold alternating strips of dough at an angle across filling stopping at the last strip on each side. Fold the bottom dough tip up over the filling, then fold the remaining two strips over the top; press down firmly.
- 4Brush dough with egg. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes. For eyes, press 1 olive slice into each head. Discard or save the remaining slices for another use.
- 5Bake at 350 ° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Mummy Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.9 mg
- Sodium 568.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough