Chocolate lovers beware!!!
Make and share this Yummy Mud Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge or 1⁄4 cup fudge sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons additional hot fudge or 2 -3 tablespoons fudge sauce, if desired
- additional nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches, or round pan.
- Mix granulated sugar, butter, flour, cocoa, vanilla, salt and eggs in medium bowl.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edge appears dry and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (center will be moist).
- Immediately prick holes in pie with toothpick.
- Spread 1/4 cup fudge sauce over top.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in chilled medium bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Spread over pie.
- Drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons fudge sauce.
- Garnish with additional nuts.
- Store covered in refrigerator.