Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chocolate lovers beware!!!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge or 1⁄4 cup fudge sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons additional hot fudge or 2 -3 tablespoons fudge sauce, if desired
- additional nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches, or round pan.
- Mix granulated sugar, butter, flour, cocoa, vanilla, salt and eggs in medium bowl.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edge appears dry and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (center will be moist).
- Immediately prick holes in pie with toothpick.
- Spread 1/4 cup fudge sauce over top.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in chilled medium bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Spread over pie.
- Drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons fudge sauce.
- Garnish with additional nuts.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Very good pie!!! So easy to make!!! LOVED the fudge topping that seeped into the holes and topped it! (I used Smuckers Fudge sundae topping and warmed it a bit first for easy spreading.) Worked great!! And did add the optional nuts, 2/3 cup chopped pecans and that was plenty for us. I'm sure i will make this again!! :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!! Made for the fall Pick-a-Chef game. :)
EXCELLENT RECIPE! Both of my daughters made this dish within 3 days of each other and they were both devoured in one sitting. Thank you so much for sharing!