1/1 Photo of Yummy, More Simple Jollof Rice!
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe is yummy and spice, but much more simpler then most of the other jollof rice recipes here. I, being from Nigeria myself, make this very often. If necessary add more water while it's cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onion and peppers into tiny pieces.
- 2In a blender pour tomato sauce, chopped onion, chopped peppers about 1/2 cup of water into a blender. Blend together until relatively smooth. Add more water if necessary. Set aside.
- 3In a very large saucepan, pour oil. Heat oil. In another bowl, wash rice.
- 4Pour tomato mixture into saucepan, then pour rice. Add the thyme, curry powder, salt and bullion cubes. Mix rice.
- 5Let cook for 20 minutes. Mix again. Cook for another 20 minutes. Mix again. *Remember to add more water while it's cooking.
- 6Continue to cook until the rice has absorbed the tomato and has turned and orange-red color. Turn heat off.
- 7Enjoy. It's good with anything! Hope it's not too spicy!
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy, More Simple Jollof Rice!
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.1
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 434.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g