Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is yummy and spice, but much more simpler then most of the other jollof rice recipes here. I, being from Nigeria myself, make this very often. If necessary add more water while it's cooking.
- 1 cup oil
- 13 -15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 -3 red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Chop onion and peppers into tiny pieces.
- In a blender pour tomato sauce, chopped onion, chopped peppers about 1/2 cup of water into a blender. Blend together until relatively smooth. Add more water if necessary. Set aside.
- In a very large saucepan, pour oil. Heat oil. In another bowl, wash rice.
- Pour tomato mixture into saucepan, then pour rice. Add the thyme, curry powder, salt and bullion cubes. Mix rice.
- Let cook for 20 minutes. Mix again. Cook for another 20 minutes. Mix again. *Remember to add more water while it's cooking.
- Continue to cook until the rice has absorbed the tomato and has turned and orange-red color. Turn heat off.
- Enjoy. It's good with anything! Hope it's not too spicy!
This recipe is excelent for people who love rice. THis is a good way to make rice. I've been looking for a jollof rice recipe in a long time. The only problem is that I think it should serve about 8-9, not 4. Perhaps this was a mistake?