Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is good when you don't know if you want something salty or sweet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, plus
- 1 tablespoon margarine, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) can salted mixed nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour,sugar and salt.
- Cut in 1/2 cup margarine into flour mixture until it resembles coarce crumbs.
- Press mixture into ungreased 11x7 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan,combine remaining 1 tablespoons margarine,butterscotch chips and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat until chips are melted,stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly over baked flour mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes,or until edges are bubbly.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- You may want to line your pan with foil for easy removal.