Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Delicious and easy to make. Makes lots of glaze - use the amount to your liking.
- 1 package refrigerated crescent dinner roll
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly flour working surface.
- Combine the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Open crescent dough out, pressing seams together.
- Starting with the"shortest edge" (ie, not the long edge) of the dough, cut it into 1" strips.
- Roll them up, like mini cinnamon rolls.
- Place in 9" round cake pan.
- Drizzle with the melted butter, then sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 11-13 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, combine the glaze ingredients.
- Pour the glaze over the rolls that have been allowed to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Reminder: this makes lots of delicious glaze.
- I like to use it all (of course!), but use less if that is your preference.
Instead of the cinnamon-sugar, I use the glaze as a filling. I also use 1 tsp orange zest in the glaze and orange juice instead of concentrate.
These were very good although I did make the recipe a little differently than posted. I rolled up the whole piece of dough and then sliced into small pieces. There was too much cinnamon sugar mixture ~ probably 1/4 cup sugar would be plenty. I increased the cinnamon to 1 teaspoon. I used an 8 inch cake pan and the rolls all fit great. I also halved the glaze ingredients. The taste is just great ~ DH raved over them. Thanks for posting such a great recipe.