Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe is something I came up with as a quick fix to my sweet tooth one lazy weekend afternoon. So yummy and quick!
- Take a coffee mug and add the flour, splenda, brown sugar and baking powder. Mix the ingredients together.
- Add the milk and stir. Continue adding more milk and stirring until it looks like cake batter.
- Add a handful of blueberries and stir them inches.
- Place mug in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, depending on your microwave's wattage. I sometimes microwave for 1.5 minutes and cake comes out with a nice sauce.
I halved the baking soda, cut the sugar down a little bit, and replaced the blueberries with strawberries. Because I didn't have milk in the house, I used three tablespoons half and half and two of water. Then, I cooked it for 1 minute, 45 seconds. It almost--but didn't-- spilled over my largest mug, and came out just a bit undercooked-- a little like a bread pudding.
And it was delicious! Without a doubt best microwave cake I've tried yet.
I made these using only peaches and in large ramekins. They did boil over a bit, but not a big deal. They were really delicious and I will definitely be making these again. Oh, I also added a sprinkling of nutmeg over the top of the peaches (last step). Thanks for posting!
Three stars because it was good but I made a lot of changes. Changes: half ww and half white flour, 3 Tbsp Splenda, and 1/4 tsp baking powder. Seemed plenty sweet with less of the sweetener, so I won't use more than that. I used a 16 oz measuring cup as my mug and am glad I did because it bubbled up almost to that 2 cup mark! I cooked it 2 1/2 minutes and it was still a little gooey at the bottom, but that may be just my microwave. All of that being said, great use for the blueberries sitting in my fridge and a quick healthy snack for me- thanks!