Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup is so very tasty and delicious. I serve it with a cheesy cornbread.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canranch style texas beans
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 4 cups water
- 4 bouillon cubes, dissolved in the water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package ranch dressing
- Brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
Vert tasty, thick and hearty. I used beef boullion cubes and cut the corn by half. Added a teaspoon more garlic. Very nice flavor, very easy recipe.
This is a very good soup recipe. I followed the recipe and we thought the flavors were in good proportion and just right for us. This was easy to make and we had some left-overs for the next couple of days. My husband and I give our recommendation. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I am giving this recipe 4 stars because of simplicity however we were not overly excited with the out come of this soup. It was very meaty with very little liquid and not enough heat or flavor for our tastes.Also I cut the bouillon cubes to only 2 as there was already quite a bit of salt from the taco seasoning and ranch dressing. We had a lot left over so the second day I added 2 more cups of water 2 tsp of chili powder and 1/2 tsp of cumin 1/2 tsp of mexican oregano. This really helped to bring the flavors to life.