Recipe by Mara Halabi
This is a recipe a dear friend of mine gave me before she passed away. Hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by Buzymomof3
I think I like the oats as something different, but I'm used to a bit more seasonings in my meatloaf. Maybe adding a bit of garlic. It's a good recipe for a cold night. Thanks Mara! Made for PAC 2012
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (for glaze)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the onion and the green pepper in the food processor until finely ground.
- Mix all the ingredients (except for 1 tbsp ketchup) together and make a loaf.
- Put the loaf in a loaf pan and glaze with remaining 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- Put loaf in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour (do not preheat the oven).