Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe a dear friend of mine gave me before she passed away. Hope you enjoy it!
Make and share this Yummy Meatloaf With Oats recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (for glaze)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Put the onion and the green pepper in the food processor until finely ground.
- Mix all the ingredients (except for 1 tbsp ketchup) together and make a loaf.
- Put the loaf in a loaf pan and glaze with remaining 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- Put loaf in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour (do not preheat the oven).
I think I like the oats as something different, but I'm used to a bit more seasonings in my meatloaf. Maybe adding a bit of garlic. It's a good recipe for a cold night. Thanks Mara! Made for PAC 2012
Thank you for sharing your friends recipe, we enjoyed it very much. It was tasty, we liked the addition of the green peppers and oats in the meatloaf. I did use the optional red pepper flakes, for added zing. The meatloaf was juicy, tender and full of flavor. Made for Pac Fall/12
Good comfort food. I love the flavor the green pepper adds. Made for PAC Fall 2012.