Recipe by MollyLin
A yummy juicy meatloaf that everybody loves. I prefer the smaller loaves baked on a wire rack over a baking sheet so everyone gets a lot of delicious sticky glaze. You can find panko in most grocery stores in the bread crumb or asian section. It's important to use them for their finer texture. It keeps the meatloaf lighter.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan over medium heat, saute the onion in olive oil until golden and almost caramelized.
- Grate (or finely chop) the garlic and add to the onion. Cook for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Remove onions and garlic and allow to cool.
- Once mixture is cool, add all other ingredients except meat.
- Combine well and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Add meat and combine well.
- Form into 8 individual loaves and place on a rack set over a baking sheet lined with foil. Spray both the rack and sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In another bowl combine glaze ingredients and spoon half of the glaze over the loaves.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Spoon the rest of the glaze over the loaves and bake at 450 for 15 minutes until glaze is sticky.
- Let rest for 5 or 10 minutes for the juices to redistribute.