Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best meatloaf I have ever had, It comes from my sister's mother in law and it's one of mine and my husbands favorite dinners. All the ingredients are for one pound of meat but we like to use 2lbs for the 2 of us because we like leftovers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 onion, diced (optional)
- 12 -15 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the ingredients plus 3/4 of the sauce.
- Place in a loaf pan or any dish you use for meatloaf.
- Spread remaining 1/4 of the sauce on top.
- Bake 45mins-1hour.