Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a mix between the meatloaf I grew up eating and the meatloaf that my boyfriend grew up eating. Hope you like it!
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 3⁄4 lb ground veal
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups moist seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large mild onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Lightly saute the onion in a frying pan until it is softened and slightly browned.
- Combine ground meat, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, ketchup and garlic in a large bowl and mix thourghly.
- Place mixture on a large baking dish and form into a loaf shape.
- Add the bacon to the top of the loaf.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in over at 350 degrees for 1 hour, 15 minutes.