Recipe by gwynn
This recipe came from a cookbook at my work place.
Top Review by Mannymom
This was a very tasty recipe. I was really impressed with the flavor. The meatballs were one of the easiest to whip up and tasted great. All the flavors really complimented each other wonderfully. My family of 5 ate this up for dinner and asked that I make it again. Thanks for sharing
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole potatoes, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure corn flakes in large bowl and crush slightly.
- Stir in egg, 1/4 of beef broth, salt and pepper.
- Beat well.
- Add ground beef; mix only until combined.
- Shape mixture into 18 meatballs.
- Brown balls in oil in large fry pan over medium heat.
- Pour off fat; stir in remaining beef broth, soup, water and thyme.
- Add onion rings, carrots and potatoes; cover and cook over medium heat until meatballs are thoroughly cooked.