Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Easy to make and delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine or 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, margarine and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add syrup and egg yolk; beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix well with peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- With fork dipped in sugar, flatten balls in criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
These really are yummy cookies! The peanut butter-maple syrup/brown sugar combination is amazingly good; each bite just melts in your mouth. And the sugary criss-crossed tops look so pretty on the holiday cookie platter. This was my first time making peanut butter cookies--and now that I have this recipe, it won't be my last! Thanks for posting, LizCl! (Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! 2011.)