Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful WOW salad! Sure to impress. This a copycat recipe from the cheesecake factory.
Make and share this Yummy Luau Salad ( Cheesecake Factory Copycat ) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb mesclun
- 1 lb grilled cooked chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces red bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces yellow bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, blanched, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 8 ounces cucumbers, sliced
- 4 ounces red onions, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mango, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (*)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (*)
- 8 egg roll wraps, fried crisp (6-inch)
- 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce (*)
- 4 ounces macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 ounces carrots, peeled, sliced into 1 inch thin strips
- 1 ounce green onion, sliced into 1 inch thin strips
- Place the lettuce mix, chicken, bell peppers, green beans, cucumber slices, red onion, and mango, into a large mixing bowl.
- Season the ingredients with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette (your favorite choice), seasoned rice vinegar, granulated sugar, and sesame oil.
- Drizzle the dressing into the bowl with the salad ingredients, and gently toss together.
- Brush a little sweet and sour sauce onto each crispy egg roll wrapper.
- Build the salad in each serving bowl with alternating layers of salad mixture, a crispy glazed egg roll wrapper, more salad mixture, another crispy glazed egg roll wrapper and then the remaining salad mixture.
- Sprinkle the macadamia nuts and sesame seeds all over each salad.
- Garnich each salad with some thin sliced carrots and green onions.
Great salad. I made this for a large luau and everyone loved it. Unfortunately I was in a hurry and I forgot to add the chicken. Also, I substituted crispy chow mein noodles for the fried egg roll wrappers. I pour the sweet & sour sauce over the noodles to coat them, then added them to the salad. It worked well.