Recipe by gertc96
Here's a super tasty and yummy low fat French toast recipe. My family loves French toast and this recipe is good for you as well as quick and easy. My mom always fixed French toast for us in the skillet. For those that aren't worrying about weight, you could use 6-8 eggs and regular milk.... We always topped this with powdered sugar when growing up.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm with lazyme on the cinnamon & vanilla thing, & in fact, I used a generous measure of both! These are great with the egg substitute, something I don't usually use, but will have to stock from now on! A great recipe that lends itself to easy variations! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Pleast Review My Recipe]
- 2 (4 ounce) containers Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 10 slices French bread
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In shallow bowl, combine EGG BEATERS Original, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In nonstick skillet, over medium heat, melt 2 teaspoons margarine.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture to coat; transfer to skillet.
- Brown about 3 minutes on each side.
- Top with syrup if desired.