This recipe fits in with the south beach, GI and atkins diets as well as tastes delicious. Diets can make eating boring and leave you feeling hungry. After a few attempts, this made mr. nondiet love it. This was super easy to make and really a delicious treat while dieting. It also looks very "restaurant-ish" on the plate. Yummy.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the ricotta cheese in a small bowl with the pepper, granulated garlic and parsley.
- Place into fridge while preparing eggplant.
- Cut eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a flat plate mix olive oil and garlic salt.
- Then, dip eggplant slices into olive oil mixture and place on george foreman grill for 12 minutes each slice.
- Place a single layer of eggplant in a greased baking dish (use pam cooking spray).
- Place a spoonful of the ricotta mixture on top of eggplant, then one slice roasted pepper and another slice of eggplant on top.
- You may make these three layers by repeating the procedure.
- Top with a sprinkle of mozerella cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- It is delicious and very simple to make!