Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Original recipe from Unknown Chef 86 but has been changed to fit diabetic lifestyle. These are moist, chewy and do NOT taste low carb!!!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- Cream butter, Splenda, molasses and vinegar together until blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- In separate bowl mix all dry ingredients and blend into butter/sugar mixture.
- Will be a very firm dough.
- Break off pieces and roll into 3/4 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten to disk size 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes only.
- They will not darken so don't overbake.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately to prevent further cooking.
- Enjoy while still warm!
While these may be good, they are definitely not low carb! 3 3/4cups of flour and 1/2 cup of molasses are pure white flour/sugar carbs... the rating is for the claim, not for the taste.
these should be re-named low sugar cookies, definitely NOT a low carb cookie, sorry.
With all due respect, of course they don't taste like low carb...they aren't. We low carbers do not use molasses, it is a sugar and we don't use white flour. I am sure this is a great tasting recipe, but it is a reduced sugar recipe, not low carb.