Recipe by Ladybugs
Original recipe from Unknown Chef 86 but has been changed to fit diabetic lifestyle. These are moist, chewy and do NOT taste low carb!!!
Top Review by dianafoot
While these may be good, they are definitely not low carb! 3 3/4cups of flour and 1/2 cup of molasses are pure white flour/sugar carbs... the rating is for the claim, not for the taste.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, Splenda, molasses and vinegar together until blended.
- Beat in eggs.
- In separate bowl mix all dry ingredients and blend into butter/sugar mixture.
- Will be a very firm dough.
- Break off pieces and roll into 3/4 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten to disk size 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes only.
- They will not darken so don't overbake.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately to prevent further cooking.
- Enjoy while still warm!